Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Santa Rosa Beach

I met Ma & Papa for lunch at Dewey Destin's on Wednesday. It was delicious! Ma is talking to Mom in this picture.
Papa after a quick nap
Me & Josh at our FAVORITE place in Santa Rosa, Johnny McTighe's Irish pub. Josh's parents found it while walking around our house. It had the BEST fries I have ever put in my mouth. We had them 3 out 4 nights after we discovered the place.
This was the 3rd take for this picture.
Colton & Jr
Colton
Cheese
Elizabeth, Colton, Ashley & Me
Ashley & Jr
Matthew, Jr, Ashley, Tom, Colton, Me & Elizabeth
Tom & Colton
Josh, Mel & Chrissi
Not sure what Josh is doing in this picture
Josh & Melanie dancing
Tom mad b/c I beat him in darts
This was Granny, our waitress
We LOVED her!
Mel & Tom
Thumbs up for Johnny McTighe's
Josh's classic pose
Mel, Chrissi & Me
Dart Champions (not really :-)
Chrissi's got moves...
Our friend, the deer
Since they are baked they're good for you, right?
Mel & Josh
Josh and Tom
Josh making fun of his dad taking pictures
Me & Josh
We ate dinner one night at Goatfeathers, actually it was more like the "early bird" special. around 4:30 pm...
Josh & Chrissi
Josh and I did a 25 mile bike ride on Friday. It was beautiful and sunny on the way out, but when we turned around to go home it was black and stormy. It was kind of fun riding through the rain though. We rode to Alys Beach and got the best mango sweet tea!
Josh in his bike shorts
Me & Buff floating....apparently I can't float very well.
Colton
Buff, Mel, Chrissi & Ashley floating
Josh & Jr
Buff and Melanie
Matthew & Colton
Josh & Me
It was really HOT this day
Jr
sucking in his gut
playing in the sand
Buff, Mel & Colton
Matthew & Jr
Ahhh, the beach

Last Monday, Tom and I left after my last final headed to Santa Rosa Beach. After a really long, uneventful drive we made it. We had a great week of rest and relaxation. Thanks to Tom & Melanie for a wonderful week on the beach. It was much needed! Oh, and I made A's in both my classes!!

8 comments:

chesedb said...

O how I miss Alys Beach Mango Sweet Tea!!! Great pics!

sara jackson said...

I was laughing at the "early bird" part of your story. I guess we eat "early bird" every night for dinner :) Loved the pictures! Makes me wish I was at the beach.

The Kimmels said...

I call eating at 4:30...Eating with the "gray hairs". I LOVE the photos of all the kiddos and Josh's biks short = HOTT. ;)

Congrats on the good grades!!

MJN6 said...

So glad you all had a good time and got to relax for a while. Thanks for coming over for me.

ma said...

Great on the making an A in both classes. It was so good seeing you while you were down here. LOVE YOU

Rosemary said...

Glad you got to go to the beach. Some day my sweet hubby and I are going to go. You deserved a break after all your hard work. It was good to see you.

Amy said...

It looks like yall had a blast! I agree with Suzie, I love the one of Josh in his bike shorts!!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the A's!!! Sorry we didnt get to see you...I know it was a short trip. Maybe next visit!