Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Marathon Man

The Runners after the race
Steve & Josh
Josh, Me, Dana & Russ
I made my shirt :-)
Post race lunch!
Steve waving
Russ running
Dana & I on the subway
Josh's weird face
Me & Josh
In front of Wrigley Field
Josh & Me
Brushing his teeth before the race
Pre-race
Minnie Mouse running

Steve, Me & Dana
Josh and I at Navy Pier
The guys
Josh & I
Josh at Wrigley Field
On the bus there were these weird harnesses
At the expo
Josh & I
A cool mirror tube
Taking pictures of ourself
Russ & Dana
Josh & Steve
Me & Josh
Dana & Russ
Me & Josh
Friday morning we caught the early flight to Chicago. We arrived around 9:30 local time and found our way to the hotel which was right off the main shopping strip. We were able to check in early, so we waited a few minutes for Dana, Russ and Steve to get there. Lunch was at Giordano's a yummy pizza place with deep dish chicago pizza. I prefer thin crust, but it was pretty good for a change. After lunch we walked around different parts of the city. Dinner was at Wrigleyville. Saturday I went for a run on a cool trail right by the lake. It was fabulous! Tons of people were out and about. I did some shopping on Saturday and then we went to a delicious Italian place on Saturday night before the race. Sunday was race day, and it dawned early! Dana and I were able to see the guys in like 5 different spots. It got to be 84 on race day, so a lot of runners were off there times. Josh finished in 3:43 which was AWESOME, and I was so proud of him. We had so much fun in Chicago, even with the heat of race day. We got back on Monday night after flying first class!!

7 comments:

MJN6 said...

So glad you all had a good time. Congrats, Josh on beating your goal. That is GREAT!

ma said...

Glad you all had a good time. I guess that was quiet a trip for a little southern girl. Thanks for the pictures. LOVE YOU ma

sara jackson said...

Way to go Josh!! I love the shirt Summer.

stephanie said...

love the shirt! way to go Josh! miss you summer...

stephanie said...

oops...I didn't realize i was leaving the exact same message as your sister, I didn't copy I promise:) great minds write alike i guess

Kristin said...

Congrats Josh! Glad you all had such a great time!

Chrissi said...

great pictures! love your shirt & i am so happy for josh that he did that...never would i ever run that far at once. haha :)