Putting the hair upFriday afternoon I caught a flight to New Orleans for Amber's bachelorette party. Of course it was delayed, so I got there just in time to go straight to dinner. I had to change clothes in the airplane bathroom, wow those things are really small. Karin & Chesed picked me up and we headed to dinner where we met Amber, her Mom, and their friends. After that we headed to Bourbon street to a karoake bar. It was a fun and lively atmosphere. I actually sang :-) Saturday, Chesed and I had coffee and breakfast at a coffee shop right near Karin & Josh's house. Then we headed to the Mojo Lounge for lunch and the lingerie shower. The food was DELICIOUS!! We took a nap after the shower and then went to Harrah's casino. Chesed got up to $42 dollars playing the slots, but came back down to $12. I think she could easily become addicted. :-) We did some sight seeing and shopping on Sunday. I really enjoyed the city. Karin & Josh are excellent hosts and tour guides and Mario is the cutest kid!
Monday was one of those days. I was supposed to leave at 7:20 so Karin got up early and took me to the airport. I got checked in, boarded the plan and everything was normal.....until we took off. I was sitting right by the right engine and it was making this really loud noise. I kept thinking to myself this is not a normal sound but I tried not to freak out. So the captain comes on and said we hit a flock of seagulls on takeoff and it damaged the right engine so we needed to turn around and go back to New Orleans. I already am not a big fan of flying and now all I can think about is what happened in New York where they had to land on the water. We landed at the airport and were met with all the fire/emergency vehicles. I watched out the window while they checked out the engine. There was major damage. We finally get off the plane, and the first flight I could get back is 5:36 that afternoon. I was supposed to have a cpr class that afternoon from 1-5. Josh comes and picks me up so I don't have to spend the day at the airport. When I get back that afternoon the flight is delayed again so I don't get into Atlanta until 9:45 pm. I freak out a little before we take off. Josh picks me up and as soon as we get on the interstate, we figure out that all lanes of traffic are shut down. Yep. Apparently some taxi hit a person on the interstate and killed them. So we were all routed off the interstate. We didn't get home until almost midnight. It was a long long day.
Monday was one of those days. I was supposed to leave at 7:20 so Karin got up early and took me to the airport. I got checked in, boarded the plan and everything was normal.....until we took off. I was sitting right by the right engine and it was making this really loud noise. I kept thinking to myself this is not a normal sound but I tried not to freak out. So the captain comes on and said we hit a flock of seagulls on takeoff and it damaged the right engine so we needed to turn around and go back to New Orleans. I already am not a big fan of flying and now all I can think about is what happened in New York where they had to land on the water. We landed at the airport and were met with all the fire/emergency vehicles. I watched out the window while they checked out the engine. There was major damage. We finally get off the plane, and the first flight I could get back is 5:36 that afternoon. I was supposed to have a cpr class that afternoon from 1-5. Josh comes and picks me up so I don't have to spend the day at the airport. When I get back that afternoon the flight is delayed again so I don't get into Atlanta until 9:45 pm. I freak out a little before we take off. Josh picks me up and as soon as we get on the interstate, we figure out that all lanes of traffic are shut down. Yep. Apparently some taxi hit a person on the interstate and killed them. So we were all routed off the interstate. We didn't get home until almost midnight. It was a long long day.















4 comments:
wow, that was one bad Monday. Ok, the birds hitting the engine made me laugh a little, b/c it sounds like something that only happens in the movies. I know it did, but ya know what I mean. Glad you had a good time prior to Monday!
at least your weren't the pedestrian on the interstate. :)
So glad you are back safe and sound. Guess our future trips to NYC will have to be by train from now on.
Glad you had such a great weekend. Sorry you had such a tough time getting home but glad you got home safely : )
Post a Comment