Maddux is excited about his new friend
The Lost Dog
He is really pretty, but looks older.Okay, so I officially have spring fever. It is gorgeous here today, and after going to the chiropractor at lunch I decided I would take Maddux on a run at the park. All is well, and I am almost done with the first loop and I hear a jingle behind me. I just assume that it was another person running with their dog. I glance back, and it is a dog alright but no owner? I stop and he and Maddux sniff each other. They seem to get along and the dog is really sweet. So I am not sure what to do, so I start running again, well apparently this dog likes exercise because it followed us around the loop and then I did another loop hoping it would either go home, or I would see someone on the trail who knew whose it was. I asked every person on my next loop around and everyone said, "Pretty dog, but haven't seen anyone looking" So my dilemma was do I leave it there, where it could possibly get run over or do I take it home with me and then post signs all around the park about a found dog. The dog had a collar on, but no information on the collar. So most of you that know me probably already know what I did. Yep, I brought it home with me. Maddux loves him, he has been trying to get him to play all afternoon. I am making up some flyers now to hang around the park. I know this dog has a home because he is pretty well trained. He reminds me of Sara & Ryan's old dog that they left in Live Oak (not the well trained part :-) but the he is a full blood Golden Retriever). Here are some pics. Wish us luck in our search for the owners. Josh wasn't very happy when he got home :-)
2 comments:
He does look just like Rhett.
I would have been tempted to keep him. He is beautiful. But you did the right thing.
Post a Comment